About Dr. Garry Landreth
Dr. Landreth is internationally recognized for his writings and work with children. He is a Regents Professor Emeritus in the Department of Counseling and founder of the Center for Play Therapy at the University of North Texas. Dr. Landreth is a frequent speaker at conferences around the world and has published more than 150 journal articles, books and videos including his award-winning book Play Therapy: The Art of the Relationship. His model for training parents received the Best Practices in Parent/Family Education Award.
Dr. Landreth received the Association for Play Therapy Lifetime Achievement Award and is an Honorary Visiting Professor at the University of Roehampton in England.
Presentations and Workshop Topics
For Parents, Teachers &
Child Care Workers
- Rules of Thumb for Rearing Responsible Children
- Differences That Make a Difference in Children’s Lives
- Teaching Children Self-Discipline: The Choices Cookies & Kids Method
- Teachers Touching What is Untouchable in a Child’s Life
Mental Health Professionals
- Child Parent Relationship Therapy (CPRT): A 10-Session Filial Therapy Model
- Healing the Hurting Child: Essentials of Child-Centered Play Therapy
- Dynamic Dimensions of the Process of Individual and Group Child-Centered Play Therapy
- The Art of the Relationship in Play Therapy: Deeper Issues
- Touching What is Untouchable in a Child’s Life in Play Therapy
Contact Dr. Garry Landreth to have him present on these topics to your group.